A fixed rate CUA Personal Loan is a great way to reach your goals.
Borrow up to $50,000 with a CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan
With a fixed CUA Personal Loan, you’ll enjoy the certainty of always knowing how much your repayments will be.
Some benefits of the CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan
- 9.39% p.a. (Comparison rate of 9.64% p.a.*)
- Flexible loan terms ranging from 1-7 years
- Borrow from $5,000 up to $50,000
- No monthly fees
- Flexible repayment options: weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- No penalty for making extra repayments or paying off the loan early
- Access your cash via redraw
- With a fixed rate, repayments are the same each month, making budgeting easier
The CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan
This personal loan from CUA allows you to borrow between $5,000 and $50,000, offering you a fixed rate and flexible repayment options, making budgeting easier to manage.
What we love…
One of the first things you will likely notice about the CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan is the fact that it offers a fixed rate. Choosing a fixed rate loan over a variable rate loan can offer a number of benefits. Why? The interest on a variable rate can change according to the market, while a loan with a fixed rate will have the same interest rate through the entire loan term.
Firstly, this allows you to lock in one rate for the period of your loan. If interest rates start rising, you know your rate will remain the same no matter what. Secondly, it makes budgeting so much easier. With a fixed rate, you know exactly how much your repayment will be, so you can budget for that amount coming out of your account. Lastly, you will know how much you will pay back on the loan overall, which can make comparing loan options easier.
In terms of flexibility, the CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan has plenty to offer. You can choose a loan amount that suits you and your budget – anywhere between $5,000 and $50,000 – over a loan term of one to seven years. You can also choose how frequently you want to make repayments, whether that’s weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
But the flexibility doesn’t stop there. You can make extra payments on your loan whenever you want, with no penalty. Then, if you want access to your extra cash, you can use the redraw feature. You can even pay off your loan early if you come into some money, with no early payout fees to worry about.
What’s not so great…
When comparing personal loans, you should always pay attention to any fees that will be applied to the loan, as this helps you to work out its affordability. Like many personal loans, the CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan charges an establishment fee, which should be taken into account when budgeting. However, it is worth pointing out that there are no ongoing fees, no early payout or extra repayment fees to cover.
Another factor to consider is interest. Locking in your interest rate with a fixed rate loan can work in your favour if interest rates rise, but if they fall, you could be missing out on lower rates applied to variable rate loans. That’s why it’s a good idea to do your homework and consider the market before making any decision.
Why should you choose this personal loan?
If you’re looking to borrow between $5,000 and $50,000 and would prefer an unsecured option, this personal loan could help you with whatever you’re looking to cover – whether that’s a holiday or home renovations. With its fixed rate, it would work well for those who want to know exactly how much each repayment will be, and how much the loan will cost overall.
Its flexibility also means it could appeal to a wide range of potential borrowers. Both the loan period and repayment frequency can be adjusted to suit the borrower, making it easier to fit individual budgets. Want to pay off your loan sooner? Opt for the shortest loan term that offers affordable repayments. Want to make sure you have money in your account to cover your repayment? Choose a repayment schedule that matches your payday.
Pros & Cons
Budget confidently with a fixed rate
Unlimited free extra repayments
No monthly fees or early payout fee
Flexible repayment options
$175 Establishment fee
How to apply for a CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan
Thinking about applying for the CUA Unsecured Fixed Personal Loan? Check out the application criteria below and hit ‘apply now’ to be redirected to the lender’s application page.
To apply online, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age,
- Be a permanent resident of Australia,
- Be currently employed,
- Receive a regular income,
- Have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency, or had defaults on any loans, credit cards, interest free finance or store cards in the past five years.
- Your employment and income details,
- Your asset details including house, land, vehicles, contents, money, shares and super,
- Any amount owing on loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards (including limits and repayments),
- Your Australian driver’s licence (if you have one),
- Your Medicare card (if you have one),
- Your passport (if you have one).
* Comparison rate calculated on a loan amount of $30,000 over a term of 5 years based on monthly repayments. Rates are for unsecured loans only. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.